Friday, June 09, 2006

 

My Goals for Greensboro

Dear Friends,

For the first time every, I'm heading for the Southern Baptist Convention Annual Meeting, which will be in Greensboro, North Carolina this year. I have felt convicted that I must do my part in overseeing our denominational work, especially the mission boards and the seminaries.

Here are my goals for this year's convention:
1. To speak and vote in favor of what is right and against what is wrong.
2. To represent the Name of my Savior and the reputation of my church well.
3. To learn everything I can from the experience.
Please pray with me that Christian kindness will rule the day in all our meetings.
If I can figure out how to connect to the internet at the convention center and/or the hotel, I'll keep you posted during the convention. If not, I'll make a report as soon as possible after I get home.
Love in Christ,
Jeff

Comments:
Look forward to meeting you!
 
Hi Jeff,

I met you in the Founders' Breakfast line. I'm glad I had that privilege.

Thanks for your comments at the convention. You articulated yourself clearly, boldly, calmly, and Biblically. I agreed with your sentiments.

May the Lord grant us another opportunity of fellowship-

In His Grace,
Brian Hamrick (Virginia)
 
I don't know what you learned, but it seems clear you accomplished your first two goals.

It was nice to meet you.
 
Dear Brother Kevin,

It was very nice to have barbeque with you. Thanks for hearing my ideas on the relationship b/t gambling and coveting. I'm sorry that I got a little carried away.

Dear PL, B, and BE,

Thanks very much for affirming me. It was hard to speak in opposition to the big wigs. I was very nervous, bit I think God helped me. Maybe next year more people will speak up for what's right and against what's wrong.

Love in Christ,

Jeff
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]