Wednesday, August 09, 2006

 

Book Tag

Dear Courteous Reader,

I’ve been tagged by Brother Tim Sweatman. Thanks, Tim; I needed a break from the Welch’s controversy of the past two days.

1. One book that changed your life: Quest for Godliness by J.I. Packer
-Packer introduced me to the Puritans!
2. One book that you've read more than once: Shaping of a Christian Family by Elisabeth Elliot
-I have returned many times to her description of her father.
3. One book that you'd want on a desert island: Other than the Bible, Lord of the Rings (Trilogy paperback!)
-Wouldn't everyone?
4. One book that made you laugh: Cruel Shoes by Steve Martin
-"I sold my cuticles to buy you this shin bone polish." "But darling, I sold my shin bones to buy you these cuticle frames!"
5. One book that made you cry: The Reformed Pastor by Richard Baxter
-I have done so little to shepherd my sheep. God help me to be faithful.
6. One book that you wish you had written: Look Behind You: Interpreting the Bible Like They Did Before Evolution, Feminism, and the Rest of the Twentieth-Century Stuff Brainwashed Us by Jeff Richard Young.
-I wish I had written it already, instead of just getting started, and I wish I had a more succinct sub-title!
7. One book you wish had never been written: Origin of the Species by Charles Darwin
-I suppose someone else would have written it sooner or later, though.
8. One book that you are currently reading: Baptism of Disciples Alone by Fred Malone
-I'm learning about Reformed Baptist theology.
9. One book that you've been meaning to read: The Death of Death by John Owen
-I did get started, but it's not brief or easy reading!

I am supposed to tag four people, so Bob Cleveland, Wayne Smith, Jamie Wooten, and Wayne Hatcher, you’re it!

Love in Christ,

Jeff

Comments:
This is a test. I'm trying to learn how to do html tags in a post.

[B]bold[/B]

[I]italics[/I]

[U]underlined[/U]

[S]strikethrough[/S]

[URL]http://prayerandtheword.blogspot.com[/URL]

[URL=http://prayerandtheword.blogspot.com]Prayer and the Word[/URL]


[b]bold[/b]
 
This is a test. I'm trying to learn how to do html tags in a post.

[B]bold[/B]

[I]italics[/I]

[U]underlined[/U]

[S]strikethrough[/S]

[URL]http://prayerandtheword.blogspot.com[/URL]

[URL=http://prayerandtheword.blogspot.com]Prayer and the Word[/URL]


[b]bold[/b]
 
Okay, how about this:

bold
 
italics?
 
link
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]